Debt Recovery Assistant
Position Title/Role Level: Debt Recovery Assistant
Reporting To: General Manager, LevyCollect
Office Hiring:Sydney (NSW)
We are an award-winning national law firm that specialises in commercial and property law, property development and strata and community titles. Our firm includes a specialist debt recovery team that operates under the “LevyCollect” brand. LevyCollect is the name of our levy recovery service and our proprietary collections platform. LevyCollect assists strata management firms and Owners Corporations across all states and territories of Australia with the collection of outstanding strata levies.
As we continue to expand this service nationally, we are looking for someone to join the team. Our preference is someone with collections experience, ideally in strata. This role would also suit a Paralegal or junior lawyer looking to get into strata law as the role gives you a fantastic foundation for strata, so career progression into our legal team is a real possibility. Whatever your background, you have excellent customer service skills, great communication skills and a fine attention to detail looking to progress their career in a national law firm.
The role is full time and based in our Sydney office at 60 Martin Place, however we would consider remote candidates based in Australia. Our firm has a flexible “family-first” approach to working, so you will be welcome to split your time between the office and home to suit your needs.
- Communicate with property owners, and strata managers to recover outstanding debts efficiently and effectively.
- Conduct thorough investigations into delinquent accounts, including reviewing financial statements and payment histories.
- Implement proactive debt recovery strategies and follow up on overdue payments through various channels such as phone calls, emails, and written communication.
- Maintain all matters, record and update tasks, save documents in the LevyCollect platform and our internal Practice Management and Document Management System
- Utilizing skip tracing techniques and tools to locate and establish contact with customers
- Adhering strictly to legal and regulatory requirements governing debt collection activities
- Negotiate payment arrangements, issue payment reminders, and enforce collection procedures as per company policies and legal requirements.
- Prepare and issue Letters of Demand and assist with the preparation and lodgement of court documents if matters become contested
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Previous experience in debt recovery or a similar role within the strata, real estate or legal industry is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate complex information clearly and concisely.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to handle difficult situations with tact and professionalism.
- Knowledge of strata title laws, by-laws, regulations, and debt recovery processes would be ideal.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in using computer software and databases for data entry, record keeping, and correspondence.
- Attention to detail and the ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- A proactive and self-motivated approach to work, with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Why work with us?
Bugden Allen Graham Lawyers is a national law firm with offices in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth and the Sunshine Coast. You will be lucky enough to work under the guidance and support of undoubtedly four of Australia’s leading experts in property development and strata title law including Gary Bugden OAM (QLD), Michael Allen (NSW), Tim Graham (VIC) and Michael Kleinschmidt (QLD). Our reputation in this specialist and growing area of law is second to none. Our clients include leading property developers, banks, insurance companies, Government departments, strata companies, strata managers and listed and private companies.
Our group includes a PropTech company that has built three proprietary technology systems including our LevyCollect debtor management system that we use to streamline to process of collecting outstanding strata levies.
For more information on Bugden Allen Graham Lawyers including our team, please visit www.bagl.com.au or follow us on LinkedIn.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate. Along with a competitive base salary, you may be entitled to an incentive as part of our Staff Incentive Program.
How to apply?
We prefer to work directly with candidates, so if you are interested in this role, please respond via the Careers option on our web site or contact our recruitment team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agencies – please note that we are not currently accepting applications from agencies for this role unless you have been approached by us.
GET IN TOUCH