- “Act” means the Privacy Act 1988 of the Commonwealth of Australia;
- “Our Website” means the website at www.bugdenallenlawyers.com.au;
- “Personal Information” has the meaning defined in section 6 of the Act;
- “Principles” means the Australian Privacy Principals made under the Act;
- “Sensitive Information” has the meaning defined in section 6 of the Act;
- “You” and “Your” means any person who accesses Our Website; and
- “We” and “Us” means Bugden Allen Graham Lawyers.
We respect Your privacy and We are committed to its protection. We are bound by and observe the Act and the Principles. We encourage You to carefully read this Policy and contact us if you have any questions about it. By accessing Our Website You agree to this Policy.
Personal Information We collect from You
We do not collect Personal Information if you visit Our Website unless you use it to make contact with us. In that event the Personal Information We collect may include information that identifies You, such as Your name, email address, and telephone number. We also collect and store Personal Information about You when You instruct Us to act for you.
You can always choose not to provide Your Personal Information to Us, but if You so choose when instructing Us to act for You, it may mean that We are restricted in how effectively We can deliver our legal services to You.
We do not collect or store Sensitive Information about You.
What do We use Your Personal Information for?
We collect Your Personal Information so that We can provide You with information about Us, or topics relevant to the law and practice of strata and community titles. If You instruct Us to act for you, We may also collect personal information relevant to Us undertaking the work in those instructions. We also use Your personal information to communicate with You.
We do not share, sell, rent, or barter Personal Information with third parties.
How Your information is stored and how We protect it
All Personal Information we collect is stored on secure servers in a reliable “cloud” based legal practice management system or some other content management system. The Personal Information may also be replicated on the various personal computers used by our staff in relation to their employment.
We are committed to protecting the security of Your Personal Information and We take all reasonable precautions to protect it from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. While We take every reasonable precaution and use high standards to protect the data, by the very nature of the internet and computers connected to it, We cannot guarantee the absolute security of this data.
We will advise You at the first reasonable opportunity upon discovering or being advised of a security breach where Your Personal Information is lost, stolen, accessed, used, disclosed, copied, modified, or disposed of by any unauthorized persons or in any unauthorized manner.
Disclosing Your information
We understand how important it is to keep Your information personal, so when You share Your Personal Information with Us, We agree not to disclose that information to anyone except in circumstances permitted under this Policy, such as:
- You agree to the disclosure;
- We use it for the purposes We collected it (e.g. to communicate with You); or
- Disclosure is required or permitted by law.
How You can update, correct, or delete Your Personal Information
If You would like to:
- know what Personal Information We hold about You;
- update, correct or delete the Personal Information We hold about You;
- report the fact that someone has gained access to Your Personal Information by mistake;
- complain about how We have handled Your Personal Information; or
- complain about a breach of the Principles by Us,
then You should contact Our Privacy Officer via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us – Bugden Allen Graham Lawyers, GPO Box 2624, Brisbane Qld 4001 Australia.
You can opt out of any email communications
If we send legal updates or legal circulars to you via e-mail, Our email will contain clear and obvious instructions describing how You can choose to be removed from any mailing list We use. We will remove You at Your request.
Changes to the Policy
This information relates to Our current privacy standards. We may vary Our privacy standards from time to time. We will notify You of these changes by publishing them on Our Website. We will make a genuine effort to communicate any significant changes to You via email. Your continued use of Our Website will be deemed acceptance of any amendments to the Policy.