Tips for working from home effectively
more and more companies are either shutting down their offices, or asking their
staff to work from home, it is important strata managers and support staff are
working remotely in an effective way to ensure they continue to support their communities
during this challenging time.
following tips have been shared by our friends at Employment Hero:
your work space is conducive to working
- To be productive, you need an office
environment that allows you to comfortably work and stay focused.
- A structured routine helps effectively manage
tasks and stay on target for deadlines.
- A short planning session in the morning to map
out your day can be very effective.
- Be aware how much time is spent not working.
What are you spending that time doing and how much does it detract from your
checking personal email or social networking sites during work hours
- A serious distraction that can go by unnoticed
– and cost you your day.
- It’s easy to lose contact. Check in with your
immediate colleagues and team regularly throughout the day.
- Don’t forget family and friends. Set aside
time or use your breaks to call or email close contacts and stay in the loop.
regular breaks and remember to exercise
- Respite from your desk is important,
especially when you’re confined to your home. Schedule regular breaks.
- Staying active can be a challenge when you’re
in a confined space, especially cardio. Exercise is a known aid in helping with
the symptoms of isolation so if you are well, be sure to stay active.
Incorporate stretching, yoga, dips, lunges and natural resistance exercises to